WeChat Official Account
The GTF300 turbine flowmeter is a velocity flowmeter. When the measured fluid flows through the sensor, the impeller rotates under force, and its speed is proportional to the average flow velocity of the pipe. At the same time, the blade periodically cuts the magnetic field lines generated by the electromagnet to change the magnetic flux of the coil. According to the principle of electromagnetic induction, an electric pulse signal will be generated in the coil, and the frequency of this electric pulse signal is proportional to the flow rate of the fluid being measured.
The basic structure of the turbine flowmeter is shown in the figure. It is mainly composed of the meter body, front guide, rear guide, impeller, signal connector and converter.
Turbine flowmeters are especially suitable for medium-speed, low-viscosity, non-corrosive and clean liquid flow measurement, such as pure water, beverages, milk, alcohol, and are widely used in food and beverage, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, paper and other industries.But at the same time, due to its structural particularity, the following working conditions should be avoided when using turbine flow meters:
1. Liquids with many impurities and strong corrosiveness, such as sewage, fuel oil, etc.;
2. For liquids with high viscosity, too high viscosity will affect the rotation of the turbine impeller and affect the normal measurement. Recommended for liquids with a viscosity below 15CST.
3. Places with unstable and rapid changes in flow, such as boiler water supply systems, air supply systems with air hammers, etc.; unstable flow is not good for turbine flow meters, and measurement errors will increase, so turbine flow is not suitable meter;
4. Places with severe electromagnetic interference. Such as near electric welding machines, motors, relays with contacts, etc. If necessary, anti-magnetic measures must be taken;
5. The length of the upstream and downstream straight pipes is seriously insufficient, such as in the engine room of a ship; frequent pumping and stopping of the boiler's automatic water supply system will impact the impeller and quickly damage the sensor.